Bacon & Spinach Sous Vide Egg Bites
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped mushrooms (small pieces)
- 2 turkey bacon strips
- 1/3 cup chopped baby spinach (small pieces)
- 1 tsp sea salt (optional)
- 1/2 tsp pepper (optional)
1. Cook turkey bacon strips in a pan until crispy.
2. Grease cooking pan with olive oil and heat up.
3. Add mushrooms and lightly sauté for 1-2 minutes.
4. Turn heat off and add spinach. Stir until lightly wilted and remove from stove.
5. Blend together eggs, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt and pepper.
6. Grease your Kiddo Feedo Freezer Tray with olive oil or any other fat making sure it is coated.
7. Crumble cooked turkey bacon strips into small pieces and evenly distribute them throughout tray.
8. Evenly pour egg mixture into tray over the bacon.
9. Evenly add the mushrooms and spinach into tray.
10. Pour 2 cups water into Instant Pot. Place trivet in.
11. Carefully insert freezer tray into Instant Pot.
12. Gently but firmly push tray down (if you have a 6qt Instant Pot you may need to fold the corners down but this won’t affect the shape of egg bites).
13. Loosely place the silicone lid over tray.
14. Secure Instant Pot lid and close pressure valve.
15. Steam on high pressure for 20 minutes.
16. Naturally release pressure.
17. Remove tray from Instant Pot and allow to cool.
18. Carefully push up the indented circle on the bottom of tray to remove the tray egg bites, or use a small spoon and carefully scoop them out.
19. Enjoy right away, or place the egg bites (single layer) in an airtight container/ziplock bag, lining both bottom and top of egg bites with paper towel.
20. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
TIP: If you don't have an Instant Pot you can make the Egg Bites in the oven by following the same recipe. When placing the tray in the oven, just add a pan/casserole dish with hot water below the the tray to help the Egg Bites get that steamed, fluffy texture. Bake at 375°F / 190°C for 20-25 minutes.