Green Beans, Pear & Bell Pepper Purée
- 400 grams of Green Beans
- 3 large Pears
- 1 medium-sized green Bell Pepper
1. Snip off stem ends of the green beans and rinse thoroughly in cold water. Place the green beans in a steamer basket over 1 inch of water. Cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Steam until tender, about 5-7 minutes. Rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
2. Cut the bell pepper in half through the stem end. Scrape out the seeds and trim away the white membrane. Cut into smaller pieces and place the pepper in a steamer basket for 8 minutes. Rinse in cold water then peel off the softened skin of the bell pepper..
3. Peel the pears, remove the core and cut into chunks. Place chunks into the steamer basket and cook until tender.
4. In your food processor or blender, add the beans, pear chunks and bell pepper chunks and blend until well pureed. Add formula, breast milk, or boiled and cooled filtered water as needed. If using organic fruit and vegetables you can use the leftover water to puree for optimal nutrient preservation.
5. Allow the puree to cool. Pour or spoon the puree into your Kiddo Feedo Freezer Tray, secure lid and freeze until solid. Once frozen transfer the cubes into ziplock bags for long-term storage, allowing the tray to be ready for a a new food to store! Defrost portions as needed in your refrigerator using an airtight container then heat the purée in a saucepan over low heat using the stove. Make sure to not to burn the food and always check that the purée is not too warm prior to serving.