Baked Chayote Baby Food Purée
- 1 chayote (also known as mirliton, choko, tayota, chocho)
- 1/2 tablespoon organic garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oil of choice
1. Preheat oven at 450°F / 230°C.
2. Cut your chayote in half lengthways.
3. Cut each half into 1 inch/ 2 cm chunks.
4. In a large bowl, combine oil, garlic powder and chayote wedges.
5. Mix everything together.
6. Add everything to baking dish, and bake for 30 minutes, or until tender (but still slightly firm).
7. Remove and let cool.
8. Blend in a blender and serve.
9. Pour the remaining portions into your Kiddo Feedo Freezer Tray, secure lid and freeze until solid.
10. Defrost portions as needed.