USE YOUR KIDDO FEEDO FREEZER TRAY AS A SOAP MOLD!
Soap making is a fun DIY project that not only saves you money in the long run, it is a great way to take care of your baby's health, not to mention their sensitive skin, since it cuts out the unnecessary chemicals often found in store-bought soap.
Below you'll find a beautiful recipe for an all natural Banana and Avocado Baby Soap made in the Kiddo Feedo Freezer Tray:
10 fl oz / 300 ml Olive oil
6 fl oz / 180 ml Coconut oil
2.3 oz / 70 gram Lye (food-grade)
4 fl oz / 120 ml Distilled water
1/2 of a Small Banana
1/2 an Avocado
Mica powder to colour (optional)
1. Melt oils together in a small pot over low heat.
2. Remove from heat once oils reach a maximum of 120°C/248°F.
3. Make lye solution by adding 2.3 fl oz/70 gram of lye to 4 fl oz/120 ml of cold distilled water and stir until completely dissolved. Gloves and protective eye wear should be worn when working with lye. Always add lye to water, never the other way around.
4. In a small container/bowl, puree 1/2 a fresh banana with 1/2 a freshly cut avocado. Do not add water, just blend until very smooth.
5. Add and mix 2oz/55g of your puree into melted oils to temper.
6. Add lye solution to oils when both oils and lye have cooled to approximately 110-120°C / 230-248°F. They should ideally be mixed when temperatures are within 10°C / 50°F of each other.
7. Use an immersion blender to mix for 1-2 minutes until a honey-like consistency is reached, then pour into your Kiddo Feedo Freezer Tray.
8. Remove soaps from the tray after approximately 24hrs, once hardened. Soap is ready to come out when you can easily slide it upward by gently pushing up on bottom groove of tray cavity.
9. For best results, allow soap to cure for 3-4wks before using (it will last longer!)