Arts & Crafts - Recycling Crayons
May 07, 2021
USE YOUR KIDDO FEEDO FREEZER TRAY TO RECYCLE CRAYONS!
Recycling crayons in your Kiddo Feedo Freezer Tray is a not only a great way to reduce waste, it will give new life into all those bits of crayons that seem to make it into every corner of the house. It is easy to do, which means even young children can participate, and have lots of fun with it. It is the perfect activity for a rainy afternoon!
1. Remove the wrapping from each crayon. (Perfect task to have your little one help out with.) :)
2. Preheat oven at 250F / 130C.
3. Break each crayon into little pieces. The exact size does not matter, as they will all melt.
4. Fill each pod of your Kiddo Feedo Freezer Tray about 3/4 of the way.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the crayons have melted completely to liquid form.
6. Remove from oven, and place in freezer for about 5 minutes or until solid.
Do not freeze the crayons for too long, as they can crack and break apart during use.
Also, feel free to change things up by mixing and matching the colours prior to baking, to create multicoloured crayons. We love this too! :)